The Fourth of July! Independence Day! (Treason Day if you are from the UK as one of my good who does hail from Britain proclaimed on Facebook this morning).
It is a day for celebrating, fun in the sun, fireworks and backyard BBQs! A time for sweet creamy desserts and salty sides. But as someone who is currently watching and limiting every carb he takes in, how can I partake in the fun and not be a total Debbie Downer to everyone else? Enter Carb-less Chips!!
So this morning in prep for our family BBQ, I was making Cloud Bread and decided to experiment on a smaller scale – what about chips? They turned awesome and you are beneficiary. Seriously, enjoy
- 4 Egg whites
- 1/2 Tbsp of Water
- 1/2 tsp of Chipotle Pepper
- Pre-heat over to 400 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and whisk well.
- Note: I use Chipotle Pepper for the spice in this because I like it spicy, feel free to play with the spices that speak to you)
- Spoon mixture into a cupcake pan (I prefer the mini-cupcake pans but whatever will do) until the bottom of each cupcake is just covered by the mixture.
- Note: You are going to be tempted to overfill, don’t!! They will come out much crispier the thinner you pour your batter.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes checking to make sure they do not burn.
- Remove and eat immediately.
- Note: You can also immediately spray with coconut oil and salt if desired.
Now you have a way to battle the bowl of chips on the picnic table that everyone else is diving into. Enjoy!!