It is a day for celebrating, fun in the sun, fireworks and backyard BBQs! A time for sweet creamy desserts and salty sides. But as someone who is currently watching and limiting every carb he takes in, how can I partake in the fun and not be a total Debbie Downer to everyone else? Enter Carb-less Chips!!
So this morning in prep for our family BBQ, I was making Cloud Bread and decided to experiment on a smaller scale – what about chips? They turned awesome and you are beneficiary. Seriously, enjoy
- 4 Egg whites
- 1/2 Tbsp of Water
- 1/2 tsp of Chipotle Pepper
- Pre-heat over to 400 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and whisk well.
- Note: I use Chipotle Pepper for the spice in this because I like it spicy, feel free to play with the spices that speak to you)
- Spoon mixture into a cupcake pan (I prefer the mini-cupcake pans but whatever will do) until the bottom of each cupcake is just covered by the mixture.
- Note: You are going to be tempted to overfill, don’t!! They will come out much crispier the thinner you pour your batter.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes checking to make sure they do not burn.
- Remove and eat immediately.
- Note: You can also immediately spray with coconut oil and salt if desired.
Now you have a way to battle the bowl of chips on the picnic table that everyone else is diving into. Enjoy!!